Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Icy Delight

Yesterday I made my fingers completely numb by gathering ice pieces off of frozen birdbaths to put in my rainwater jugs - it was a lot of fun!  As for the plants in Squattersville I tucked everything tender under some shrubs and except for a bit of tip damage everything else looks fine.  Of course the plants local to this area - those lovely natives - had no trouble weathering these frosty mornings with no damage.  I exhort you o sundry family members and those affiliated with family members - plant the Grindelia, the Platystemon, and the frothy bunchgrasses!  On a related note, I saw the Sierra Nevada when we went to Sacramento, and it sure was snow-laden (hence the name).  

4 comments:

rmt said...

Goodness I don't even know how to comment on a post like that! I'd be happy to plant those plants but I don't understand the names. So far my fuchsias look ok - it's been very cold here!

Peaches said...

I'm not sure that I would call freezing my fingers as fun, but glad you enjoyed it.

Kiko said...

Hi everyone! it's late and I'm tired but I am attempting to join in on the crazy texeira fun. Thanks rmt for the fun email in which I was outed for my non-participation. the customized suggestions for postings were laugh out loud funny. but first I have a question: How do I post to the blog??? alright, I know, I'm technologically impaired....help!

rmt said...

Hi Kiko! I sent you an invitation to be a blog author - just reply to that and it should let you log on. I'll send another one in case the first got lost. I'm glad you want to join!